Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 3:16 PM
Subject: [RC] [Guest] Mustang Suitabilty

Jeanne Pepper pepperja@xxxxxxxxx
I can't recall in all my years ever seeing a mustang at an endurance ride
with an IV in it's neck .I certainly could be wrong here,but not everyone
who does endurance is competing on the same level and I'm talking 50 miles
& up races here.Many of us are out here for the shear joy of sharing the
time with the horses and people who love them.If we top ten it's great but
not all of us end up with horses we've researched for months before
purchasing.I'm kinda the queen of the impulse buy and someone's being kind
to me cause I've owned many wonderful (and successful)horses over the
years.Some have been really tough to bring up to a competitive level but
that for me is what makes this sport interesting and a challange.
Oh yeh,I can remember a race many years ago when I was riding in the front
with a group and our entire conversation revolved around how cheap each of
the horses we were riding cost.These were some of the top riders of the day
and some are still on the trail.Things sure have changed,for some
anyway..not everyone.