Re: [RC] BLM adoptions at Rides - sharp penny

Heidi said:
I'm sorry that you seem to entirely miss the point here,
Howard.  Endorsing the use of the above products is in no
way contrary to the dedication of AERC to the health of
the horse.

 I don't think he has missed the point..where is a
partnership with BLM contrary to the dedication of AERC to
the health of the horse???? BLM, however wrongly they may
go about it in some peoples minds, is never the less trying
to keep these herds thinned so both those left out on the
range and those put up for adoption get a better chance of
having a longer, healthier life. AERC is not saying BLM
horses are THE horse for endurance anymore than they are
saying Sundowner is THE trailer for endurance.

 What several of us have said, in essence, is that
it is counter to AERC's interests to sponsor mustang
adoption.

I still fail to see is this a counter to AERC's interests?
Please spell it out for us *blondes* <grin>

  Neither Sundowner Trailers nor Susan
Romero paintings are apt to suggest to any member of the
public that they should use a horse for the sport that is
not suited to the sport.

 only in your words (and a few others) are these horses
not suited for endurance (assuming we all agree there are
good and bad representitives of all breeds)..some are very
well suited for endurance..maybe not the coveted "racing to
the finish" to win the world kind of endurance but, how
'bout the mile after mile, year after year, finish is to
win kind of endurance? I hardly think AERC is sending the
message to run out and adopt a mustang to compete in
endurance on simply by having them hold an adoption on the
same site a ride is being held.

Regards,
Penny

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree