Re: [RC] BLM adoptions at Rides - Karen Sullivan

Yes, Howard, a lot of folks feel this way, me included, unless they can live in freedom with enough water, forage and shelter to give them a fighting chance. And we all know adversity creates a strong species....

However, your statement below is NOT the outcome I have personally seen from a lot of BLM adoptions.
When you have a county like mine, where land is cheap, and a pretty large population on welfare, there is no requirement they have sufficient funds to support a horse, or enforced requirement on adequate facilities.

I would much rather a horse left in the wild, where it at least may have the freedom to move to keep warm, and a fighting chance of finding water and forage, than one standing in a 40 x 40 pipe enclosure, or barbed wire corral, with no shelter, and people who forget to bring hay or fill water.....
Karen