Re: [AERC-Members] [RC] BLM adoptions at rides. - Karen Sullivan

----- Original Message -----
From: "sharp penny" <penelope_75647@xxxxxxxxx>
The only
post I've seen thus far that is non emotional and fact
filled is Randy's..........it looks like to me Randy
has thought this through and presents some very valid
points in supporting an alliance with BLM.

Actually, since I am not signed onto DR@xxxxxxxxx, or AERC members forum,
I have seen nothing posted by Randy regarding any followups on ridecamp.As
far as ridecamp, Randy has been silent and not responding to the posts.
Yes, I
would like to see some FACTS in this matter.  No one is saying an alliance
with BLM is bad, but it seems like having to support a badly-run program to
do it
becomes somewhat unethical....

I would like to see Randy respond to all the questions brought up regarding
cost to haul
BLM mustangs to rides, how will they be contained, will adoptions take place
that weekend,
how will horses be transported to new owners, etc, etc. Will BLM GUARANTEE
these horses
free from contageous diseases (i.e. strangles), etc? What ages are they
bringing, gentled or not?
Etc, etc.

If I have missed Randy's prior response to any of this on ridecamp, will
someone please forward
any info to me?

Also....I wager a guess that the vast majority of endurance riders have
great knowledge regarding their
horses history of medical care, bloodlines, etc.  If  I decided I was going
to buy a  horse and really
wanted to be competitive in the sport and take it to a top level, I
personally would spend the $ for a well-bred
horse that came from a reputable breeder, that had a RECORD of worming
history, vaccinations, and
consistent feet triming from weaning to on.....I know people have been
extremely successful in endurance
with free horses, backyard horses, auction horses and mustangs......but if I
had a goal of really being competitive
in the sport, and was going to put all that time and $$$$ into training and
riding and feeding,I would sure start
with something where all the bases had been covered!!!  I would find a
breeder that had been successful in the
sport, knew bloodlines and conformation,and had put the time and $ into a
GOOD START!!!
Thanks, Karen