[RC] Save more Public lands not > who are we to" align" with? - Steven Proe

Hi Folks: My two cents are that we should all be very active and support the
acquisition of additional lands that " We/equestrians and other non
motorized users can have access to.

The main reasons for closures and prohibitions is that the politicians have
allowed our public lands to be sold, leased and given away as part of other
agreements. In the mean time our populations of humans has sky rocketed.

This causes many impacts on the existing lands in use, and does not provide
for additional users and their impacts. It is my opinion that these
additional user's wish to befriend the equestrian users in the hopes that we
will not protest these "NEW USERS" to enjoy the lands which we are using at
this time.

The hikers and equestrian groups have the unique position in LAW, the
existing user groups will be impacted by any additional uses on any of the
Federal lands, state and even on private lands to some extent.

The reason is that any new users will be impacting existing user groups.
This is not allowed if the existing user groups complain during the comment
periods. If the proposed project is not able to provide new areas i/e
additional lands for trails or additional lands and proposes to use existing
trails, that are presently used by existing historical uses. Then the new
user groups cannot use, pardon the expression "our trails".

Again, my opinion, is that when the "Blue Ribbon Coalition" attempts to
"quote" help existing user groups, what they really want is our trails
because there is not sufficient lands to accommodate their ultra destructive
trail usages. If they become a vested use, we shall be on their hit list.

The Collation and other motorized and wheeled users, has the vehicle dealers
and manufactures of other wheeled manufactures contributing to their cause
of obtaining our trails.

This food for thought and my opinions are based on actual life experiences,
these include 17 years of fighting to protect our trails in N. CA. and also
protecting the environment.

Thanks for your time reading this, if anyone has any questions on this
matter, I shall help or answer any questions that I can.

Steven Proe
Greenwood, CA near/next to the Tevis Trail