[RC] Mustangs-Interesting thoughts - Ag47xAu49

From a previous post from Heidi (I do believe)>>" I am sorry to say,the group I saw in Lakeport was a very sorry
bunch.  There was not a one in the herd I was impressed with (granted, many
were babies). I also heard from some folks that they bring the "dregs" of
the roundups to these auctions.  The best are adopted via internet, or go to
the training programs. often for a lot of $ (the Kigers' etc)  "

 A friends opinion to this part of the post. This gentleman has had and has mustangs that came straight off of the range, from a regular adoption. "I am sorry to hear that they were a sorry bunch, as you perceived. But take a herd of the best bred, then turn them out as babys and let them survive as mustangs do, then round them up and see if they don't look like a
sorry bunch. A true horseman can see a horse for what he can be with proper
care and training, some of those horses from that sorry bunch could turn
out to put most horse's to shame. As with any breed, you will find throw backs
that will never turn out. I have been training for some 30 years and I have
trained horses and mules from many a breed. You know what I have found?  It is
that the training and care is what makes a good horse. Also finding the
qualities in the animal that best suit the purpose for witch you are going
to use it. So as you can see, I will not either support nor will I reject an
animal from any source until I have all the correct information I can get on
it, than have spent time with that animal. Because that one is the one that
matters, not the breed from witch he came." He does agree with Heidi about the history of the mustangs and how people have introduced stallions that will have a "desirable impact" on certain herds of mustangs.