[RC] newbie - sharon webb

Hey Y'all...

I am new to Endurance riding but not to horses or riding. I have lurked for awhile, read ALOT of material, and feel I am now ready to put a toe in the water. I live in Georgia about a hour north of Atlanta. I am currently looking for a mentor and a horse.

I retired by Grand Prix (dressage) Anglo-Arab mare 4 years ago at the ripe old age of 26 - she had only 1 lameness episode (stone bruise/abcess) the entire 24 years I had her! - good management? good genes? good luck??  I then bought an Oldenburg mare for me to continue my dressage (big mistake) - I felt like I had NO horse under me. I sold her so my daughter could buy her Children's/AO Jumper. I have been "horseless" for about  3 years. My daughter is getting ready to go to college and I am making good on my threat to my husband that when she goes I will get another horse.

If there is anyone listening on this list who lives in north Georgia and is willing to take on a newbie please let me know. If anyone has an experienced endurance horse for sale/lease please let me know. I am a Vet Tech and have years of experience but not a day goes by that I don't learn SOMETHING from these magnificant animals.

Sharon Webb

Do you Yahoo!?