Re: [RC] Oroville ride - Typef

Would you believe we thought the awards presentation was at 6:30 (that's
what we were told) and we came down with our chairs and there was nobody
there. We were highly disappointed. Otherwise, you BET we'd have been there!

I'll second that it was a great ride, even though I didn't get to ride. When
I pulled Tank out of the trailer he had ugly yellow-green snot hanging all
down his face. By the time it was time to vet in, he was coughing. So
obviously, I did not start. It was a bummer and sitting in the front of the
pickup all day Friday in the rain made me really grumpy until my hubby and
my riding buddy Liz got there at 9:00 p.m. She rode the 50 and did really
well. But Sat. dawned bright and clear and I had a blast being part of the
crew team. My husband and I crewed for Liz, Dave Cootware (Susan McCartney's
other half) who Liz was riding with, and Abe and Sharon Kirkpatrick and
their friend Katherine, whose last name I don't know. I had a blast making
sure all the other people standing in the vet lines had hay and helping
everyone else, too, when our riders weren't there. I was heard exponding the
phrase "This is almost as much as riding and the best part is, my butt
doesn't hurt!)

Tank ended up being treated Sat. evening by the most wonderful Dr. Craig
Brown. What a nice guy. Tank hadn't pooped all day long tied to the trailer
while we were crewing and everyone was a little alarmed by that. Seems he
had a temperature and his system chose to fight that instead of process
food. A shot of Banamine and two shots of penicillin and he started to look
like his real self. He went 19 hours before he pooped. His temperature was
up again the next morning so another shot of Banamine. Hopefully, nobody
else at Lake Oroville gets what Tank has. I did not let him drink out of any
of the water tanks and had my own water with me. However, the people next to
me had a sick one with the same kind of cough.

I'm hoping Liz will write a story and submit it. She just has such a
wonderful time. It was her first 50 on her own horse and she was riding with
an old friend. If I thought she was "happy, happy, happy" at Quicksilver,
she was on Cloud 9 at Lake Oroville!

:) Jackie and Tank