[RC] gimpy horse - Ed Kilpatrick

hi juli,   my guess would be that your horse has a  bit of a stifle problem in that leg.  your description of how he picks that foot up a little higher and places it farther forward would support this.  i own 14 paso finos and have had 2 of my own with stifle problems.  i have seen a couple of other paso finos with stifle problems as well.  i have read that this breed has more than its share of horses with a stifle problem.  with some, they seem to be in pain and have and obvious limp.  others just seem a bit off, you can feel a little "give" as they move.   sometimes you can tell if that is the problem by picking up the foot, flexing the leg and see if the stifle joint seems tight, or difficult to move.   ask your vet about it.    ed kilpatrick