[RC] saddle help - Nancy Reed

Happy Halloween to all!

The world seems to be calming down and getting back to normal, here in San Diego County.  The smoke is gone and the horses are ready to get out and work.  Thank you for the posts re my little fire scare.  The local utility has hired a security patrol.  We have been asked not to shoot themJ.  Last night an overzealous patrol left 2 big gouges in the front lawn at 2 am. We have fire rescued horses on our street and little Lyric is miserably in season.  She could not walk between two pastures on opposite sides of the street with new geldings in them!

I need your advice.   Lyric has lost hair on either side of her withers from a too small saddle.  On the left it is the size of a silver dollar; on the right it is smaller.   It happened after her first ride.  I think she added more shoulder muscle from the ride. What saddle should I try now?

The current saddle, Abetta endurance w/ fleece, is only 6 months old. I tried over 5 different saddles to find this one and I am NOT happy to have to go through this process againL.  Should I go to a treeless?  I know her back will change many more times as she is 5 years old. [She just added a shoe size - 0 to a 1]   Bob Marshall is too long and rubbed her loins.  How are the Torsions/Reactor Panels?  Any other more western style endurance out there that is light and small? Are the Tuckers too heavy?

Tomorrow will be saddle fashion show.  I have a Tucker, WIntec (with a large gullet in it) and an Australian to try. Heck, I’ll go door to door to find a good saddle.  Help, I need suggestions, war stories, anything!

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, California