[RC] not awarding speed - SteelSideDown

I'm with Barb - sounds like a fun relaxing day -- just getting to the end (to finish is to win hey?)  The "pressure/stress" of winning probably brings out the "bad behavior" in riders.  And guys lets face it, you show (in a ring) against an average of 10 others. Everyone is doing they're best to be first.  To win you must do a little more than the others, practice a little harder, spend a little more time grooming. We are out there competing against 50 other horses on average.  What do we have to do to get "the edge" ?  Be reckless?  Override the horse?  Skip the waterholes?  I think we're smart enough to know there is a better answer, we need to be smart enough to work together and find it.

The recent rudeness is unnecessary.  Angie, I think you will continue to be flamed as long as you continue to bring up reality.  Seems is too hard to take.  I applaud you for trying, and having the courage to speak your mind tactfully.

Jen