Re: [RC] Heidi at the Owyhee - Heidi Smith

>I must say that seeing Heidi with her bonnet/helmet on and her zink nose was a site to behold!!! and it wasn't even costume day.

Aw, shucks.  Paddi is just trying to goad me into repeating the lymerick I told her at the ride, after telling the tale about how the hatter who made my "helm-hat" didn't want to do it because he thought he would be ugly, and I told him it wouldn't be near as ugly as when they cut my nose off when I get skin cancer...

OK, Paddi, here's the infamous lymerick...

"I know how ugly I are.
I know my face ain't no star.
     But I don't mind it
     'Cuz I'm behind it!
The fellow in front gets the jar!"

Gotta say, though, it was a chance remark from somebody about how my zinc nose gave them an idea for their costume that gave me my idea for my own (since I did not come all prepared, like some folks did, so I had to scramble at the last minute to fit the theme)--zinc oxide all over my face, and a white scarf over my head and under my chin, all tucked into my black coat, made for a ghoul at the starting line to offset Beee-yooo-tiful Ballerina Barney in his now-famous tu-tu...  :-)  (Hey, Steph and John, did you get pics of him dancing out to the starting line to watch horses?)  But endurance riders are practical to the core--as one rider said, at least I wasn't gonna get scratches on my face!  <g>

> Heidi thanks for all the help you gave!!! We sure appreciated it.

Hey, saying I've gotta help Steph is a good way to cover up the fact that the newly-back-to-riding bod just isn't up to 5 days yet...  <g>

I hope the finger is feeling better.

Heidi