Re: [RC] who is captain of the ship - DVeritas

In a message dated 10/30/2003 8:32:22 AM Mountain Standard Time, SandyDSA@xxxxxxx writes:
I am not sure why LD is so denigrated here and there. IT has not been a stumbling block to our horses
It ain't the distance, it's the rider
    A  rider who has no compassion and no vision for anything other than a prize, an award, a title, a whatever, will never truly see their horse or listen to the simple truths about speed, coupled with terrain and weather, let alone the variables involved with trailering and stress-free conditioning.
    I've seen riders who fit this description in every horse sport to which I've been exposed...when I was younger, I might'a slipped into those shoes a time or two just to find I didn't like how I kept stumblin' when I wore them.
    Thank God my ego was all that paid the price.
    I might prefer to start my horses on 50's, and a time or two, even a 100, but that doesn't mean others HAVE to do that.  I would hope riders out there know what's better for their horse than I do.
    If not, well, then "We have a problem, Houston...."
    ----Frank Solano