Re: [RC] Current Fires - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: Re: [RC]   Current Fires
on 10/29/03 10:34 AM, Evelyn Hartman /Patrick Allen at jfhrome@xxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for this update. We all wondering about our friends and how they are doing. I have so many clients and it is driving me crazy not knowing if they are alright. I have some phone numbers but have wanted to stay keep the lines clear for those needing emergency communications.
Evelyn Hartman
The Morgan farm and two boarding farms made it fine. Vicky spent all weekend evacuating horses. We think some perished in upper live oak canyon, and several were injured running into fence in Devore, but the rest are safe. About twenty homes above me and my parents are gone. So very sad. Having lived here my whole life, you get to know people and that makes it so much more human a tragedy.
At the top of one our streets every tree and lawn burned, but every house was saved. Every one of those houses had a thank you sign outside. And in the back of them were the trails, now just black rocks and stumps. Really enough to make you cry and be humbled by the sacrifice these fire fighters make. Especially today-one lost his life.
Most of the people and animals are OK and that is what counts. Now we have an inch of ash everywhere, and of course I had just done my yearly barn cleaning of everything.  Goes to show you-I should have just left it dirty:)
Tiffany-PS thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts. Very much appreciated.