From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of john thunder
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 11:19 AM
To: renegade@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Ft Valley

Okay, one last time. It's really interesting that when I first
questioned
the safety of the end of the Ft. Valley ride Tom was more interested in
questioning the distance involved then addressing the problem. When I
mentioned the Renegade accident Helen is more concerned with the number
of
horses involved then addressing the problem and how to prevent future
disasters and now we are told it's always been done that way. The last
20
years etc, well it wasn't always done that way and if it was and it was
wrong who cares if thats the 'way we've always done it'?? The crap about
vet check within the last 6 miles has absolutely NOTHING to do with the
cavalry charge at the end. And yes, I can drive my car at 70 or 80 miles
an
hour if I want to but I can't drive into oncoming traffic or thru a
school
playground because "I feel like it"! Management and riders have a
responsibility to their horses first, the public second,(or maybe even
first), and then too themselves. If you can't guarantee the safety to
all in
what you do, you better change the way you do it! For a sport thats
facing
so many problems (disappearing trails, limits on use of national
forests,
public relation disasters (dead horses, mangled riders, etc.),
encroaching
development) whatever, it seems really sad that we (or you if you
prefer)
don't do those little things to help the sport when they are so easy to
do!!