Re: [RC] Rump Rugs - Sisu West Ranch

"Just be sure you need it in a vet check.  They're great for keeping the hindqtrs from getting chilled but if it's questionable temp or your horse isn't coming down on P & R's you may need to air/flap it to keep cooling & P & R's coming down. "

If things are at all questionable it is better to keep the butt warm and pour water on the front of the horse.  This prevents lots of cramps in the rear end.  Also my personal feeling and practice has been that one rarely needs a rug while going down the trail at 6 MPH or better.  I usually just unroll mine while cooling down for a vet check etc.

Ed
Ed and Wendy Hauser
Sisu West
2994 Mittower Road