[RC] CTR'S are too fast. - RENESPONY

wow,
of all the rides i did this year, i really liked Pine tree 30 in Maine cause
it was endurance.
no lines, no waiting, vetting. i had plenty of time to ride, enjoy the
scenery, play in the river, let my horse eat. holds and vetting  were fast and
organized i knew what was going on even though it was my "first real ride"
i have found that with the ctr's i spend the whole ride "trot, trot, trot,
canter, what time is it?, pant, pant, catch breath, what time is it? trot,
trot,
are we there yet? but I'm going so fast. i need to walk. can we walk?")
i spend the whole ride looking at the footing so i can trot as much as
possible, haul some butt on the dirt roads cause I walked too much in the
woods,
then keep trotting. OK, my horse is a slow poke.

ctr's almost encourage you to haul ass. i ride kind of slow and barely make
the time cut off's, and came in 10 min. late on one ride cause i tried
desperately to avoid trotting on the tons of pavement on the ride. (tons to me
anyway) then the long wait for hands on.(" ma'am your horse has a scratch;30
million
points off.")
the Boo! 25 in Maine was also great. i wonder if it was because of the mostly
dirt roads, that we were able to just trot, and the scenery made the miles
fly by, since i wasn't starring at the ground.
we spent the second loop screwing around and taking pictures, playing in the
water so we didn't come in too early! that was 4:10 almost on the nose. we
walked the last 3 miles.
i think I'm ready for some 50's next year.
eternally grateful for the rides, but loving endurance more.
tell me your ride stories!

Rene, mileage chaser,
and Rugby, who likes to eat.