[RC] Braiding - Gary Daniels

Hi everyone:

I was wondering if you could give me your feedback on something.  My Arabian gelding used to have this absolutely gorgeous mane.  It was so long and was the first thing people commented on.  Well, he’s now a bit over 8 years old and it is getting shorter and shorter.  It’s getting PRETTY DARN SHORT, and before it’s all gone I want to do something about it.  First, I’ve tried catching him rubbing it against something in his pasture.  But I swear he must wait until I go to bed before he does it, cause I can never catch him in the act.

Somebody once told me that if you braid the mane, it stops it from splitting ends and enhances growth.  Oh my God, can you imagine me brading?  I’m sure it’ll look like a big knot when I’m done, but hey, it’s a start.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance J

Gary

b.k.a. “Catfish”

DBL Realtors