[RC] Why we do LD - Scott Johnson

Well, I was hoping to be able to write an eloquent narrative on this topic but it's late and it's just not going to happen. Team Slow Poke would like to express their feelings on Limited Distance riding.

"The top 10 reasons why we do LD"

10. Our non-horsey friends think we are pretty tough cookies for riding 25-30 miles in one day! (tongue-in-cheek)
9. It’s the ultimate trail ride! And if there's a creek to play in, we might never make it back!
8. We enjoy visiting with all the volunteers at the different points along the ride and have met many friendly, helpful, and interesting riders.
7. We don't have the time in our busy lives with jobs and kids to train for 50s.
6. It’s a get-away from the stress of life (Girls just wanna have fun!)
5. We love hangin' in camp, watching, talking, learning, just hanging out!
4. Quality time with great friends- we always ride together (hence the name TEAM Slow Poke)
3. Road trip! (Is there a Walmart near that ride?)
2. We are winners every time we finish with a healthy horse.
And the number one reason we ride LD.............................WE HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know that most of the same could be said for endurance riding, but I guess for us it's not the distance but the journey.

Dede, Kathy, Tamra
Team Slow Poke
"Proud to be LD"
600+ LD miles

PS We are in the West and never have been ill-treated or looked down upon as LD riders.