[RC] Directions to Hallelujah Ride 10/25 - Stephanie E Caldwell

I'm driving down to Hallelujah Friday evening from Gastonia, NC and Mapquest gave me directions using backroads and avoiding interstates, Majority of it is on US 21 to SC Hwy 5 to US 521, anyone else used this route? It's almost half the distance of the I-77 to I-20 route. Just wondered how much 2 lane road, how many small towns, and how long it will take!

Thanks!
Steph