[RC] Repairing saddle ideas? Screws stripped - Laurie Durgin

Well just noticed the screw which hold my tie brackets (they are brass rectangles with 2 screw holes bout 1.5 inches long, 1/2 maybe deep).are'stripped ' on the left sie 3 or 4 .Since I use these to tie my breastplate on I have a problem. Ausssie endurance saddle has wide foam panels underneath, rigged like an english , single flap with a the billets runnning under the single flap thru a leather 'strip' about 4' wide.
We examined it and found the screw screw into a wood/fiberglass tree, (checking on material now.) Manufactuer when asked how we could repair it, said use 'larger screws' and A glue called 'Brag"?? Now I don't think this will really work long term on my breastplate 'holders'. We thought about maybe puttting some kind of locking nut or something and glueing it? It does go thru the tree. But I am concerned about anything that may creata 'bump'. This would be under the panels. To get to it I will have to take out the stitching to remove the panel on that end. Then I will have to stitch the panel back on. I am considering letting a shoe repair place stitch it or getting an awl and dling it myself. It is just attached to the fron leather of the saddle. Or I can take it to an expensive sadddle shop in Atlnta or a 'hole in the wall guy' who throws sadddles around some. Unless of course someone knows someone who can do repairs in the SE reasonably.
It actually doesn't look that hard to do , I just want it to be 'safe' and useable. thanks Laurie/Rascal/Honey/Scout

Never get a busy signal because you are always connected with high-speed Internet access. Click here to comparison-shop providers. https://broadband.msn.com