Re: [RC] French study on treated horses - Truman Prevatt

The interesting thing is the speed range. In mph that's about 7.8 to 9 mph and most were treated at about 50 miles. Depending on the course - that's not that fast. However, as you suggest the horses were inexperienced - which I take to mean not much base.

Truman

Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

I promised to look for more information on the subject. There is an interesting, nevertheless incomplete, study made by Celine Robert DVM on the teated horse on races of more than 120kms in France in 1998..2000, so in total 27 races.

Quick translation, so sorry for my English... leonard, Belgium

-         from 4 to 16% of the starters(from race to race) required treatment, not necessarily IV.

-         As an average, treated horses covered 84km before being stopped

-         Treated horses ran at 13 to 15 ph with an aerage of 13.9Kph

-

Voila.