[RC] ulcer treatment - Laura Hayes

Truman Wrote:>>>Cimetidine is 8 grams 3 times a day
(every 8 hours) for up to 10 days ( for a 1000 pound horse). If you get
it a Walmart it will cost about 10-12 bucks a day for a horse<<<<

It is my understanding that initially you need 8 grams 3 times a day for at least a month.  One month worth from Butler (vet supply- just for vets) was under $70.  I used it religiously for 5 weeks and my mare is TONS better.  Today she was third and BC at Allegany Shut up and Ride 50, with high vet score.  Last spring she was mildly colicy four hours after two rides and wouldn't hold weight.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741