Re: [RC] AERA - Heidi Smith

>When you have a low probability event (such as a horse death) and the numbers doubles for two years over the long term average in a row while the number of starts only goes up by a few percent, that is a dead on sign that something might be amiss.

Truman, there were, what, 7 reported deaths last year?

There were years 5, 10, 20 years ago when we had 5, 6, 7 or more deaths.  And fewer starts.  So please, tell me where this outrageous increase is.

YES, I agree we need to do everything we can to get the number as low as possible.  But the reports that the sky is falling are becoming reminiscent of Chicken Little.

Heidi