RE: [RC] New topic/manes - Linda Cowles

> > Does anyone have a solution for growing a nice mane?
>
>Something else that works - it's an old show-barn secret - is to use
>Vetrolyn Liniment (not the wash) in a 3:1 waters: liniment dilution

Thanks for the suggestion.  ...  I've never heard of this stuff.  Where would I buy it?   --- Amber

This is an EquiCare product and is usually found <ahem!> at my place or in larger tack stores in the Liniment section. It can also be gotten through catalogs.

I love the stuff... Check this out - because it has a little green soap  and liniment in it, it's a great way to spot-clean horses in the winter without soaking them.

I use it to clean up sweat spots and grime after riding by putting an ounce or two in a gallon of warm water then sponge it into the sweat/grime and using a scraper to remove it. The horse dries faster because the superficial oils and dirt are removed, and it feels good.

Years ago I showed my gray Arab with a Quadrille team. In the winter I would condition one day & take him to a dressage barn the next for the show. The morning of the show I'd get my bucket with 2 gallons of water & 3 ounces of Vetrolyn. Using a damp sponge in one hand and a scraper in the other, I'd clean the surface of my fuzzy horse and scrape the Vetrolyn off immediately with the other hand; the sponging dampened only the surface of the horse, and the scraper whisked it all off. I'd finish with a brisk toweling.

I also use it for removing tar-weed grease, particularly in ear-hair... don't ask me how my guys get tarweed in their ears, but they do.

Linda

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New, Used & Consigned