[RC] trail help - Buffy

John Teeter brought a good point to my attention, thank you John.  This colt is not currently being trained for endurance riding.  I have been training him for all around (western pleasure, hunter under saddle, western riding, etc) with him.  Trail riding for us right now is simple "pleasure" trail riding.  Bunch of pookie people get together and walk majority of the trails, little bit of jogging or loping for a few strides, maybe up a hill or???  I like to let my horse pick his own pace up hills.  I am simply on this list to listen and learn and get a feel for if endurance riding might be something we are interested in down the road.  I totally agree he's way to young for endurance/speed riding.  I was simply hoping because of the experience level on here prehaps I could get some ideas of why he's having the problems he does on the trails and doesn't at home training for the show ring.
Buffy
Spellcaster Miniature Horses
Beware... They'll cast a spell on your heart!
www.geocities.com/spellcasterminis/
Yahoo Messenger ID:  Spellcasterminis

---