To: Buffy
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Trail riding help

Just curious.  Is your horse kept in a stall with some turnout, or on pasture 24/7?
What is the breed of your 3 yo?

Don't want to be judgemental at all but 3 sounds kinda young for the type of work you mention (not the trail riding-the other) all three gaits, extensions.  That young colt my not be physiologically ready for this type of work possibly.

I just started my arab mare who just turned 4.5.  I wanted  her to be physically as well as mentally mature first.  I checked her tonight and her legs are okay.  I was curious to check her after I read your post with your youngster.  Mine is kept outside 24/7 unless it rains.  She doesn't like rain or hail or wind!

Anyway, I was just curious and trying to get the whole picture.