[RC] Ground Control shoes - Paulastk

I have used Ground Control shoes on my THb at 2 rides.  Actually the same set
for 2 rides, one ride I did 40 of the fifty and got pulled and then did a 55
2 weeks later.  On this horse they made his feet splay out and become cracked
and pancaked.  But he has terrible feet to begin with.  I have used the
Natural Balance Polysteel and loved those on the same horse.  They both hold up
well but I will say, the GC do slip really bad on grass, esp. wet grass.  I
didn't get to compare the wet grass factor with the NB because there was none,
that
said there was alot of wet muddy rocks at the ride I did with the NB shoe and
they were very effective at gripping the rocky muddy steep trail.  My vote
for the NB.
I did shoe recently with the GC on another horse because he has better feet
and we are going to a hilly gravelly ride then we are doing a Fl ride after.  I
figured I would avoid the padding that I would have to later cut out (if I
used a steel shoe) by using the GC.  We will see if they are okay with the
other
horses, who have better feet.  Still think they are not good on wet grass, no
matter what horse I have.  I have heard from an event rider they are terrible
because of slippage.
My farrier hates all plastic shoes and wishes I would just be normal and use
steel.  I have to butter him up and promise brownies and tell him jokes to
keep him from dropping me.
Paula Stich now Blair