[RC] AERC NC 100: to Alyx re: emails/stress - saioak

Alyx ...  these are snippets from emails I received from your fan base while you were out on the trail. Talk about stress.

Earlier in the ride  ..."First by four minutes. Go Alyx, GO"

"Tell me that all is well with the fillies!"...  (meaning Alyx/Mommesin ....  I didn't know anything myself . What could I say ?  ..... I wasn't worried until Vet Check 5 when John Teeter reported that Alyx looked very tired .... Oh Oh ..what did that mean .... How tired is tired ....  now I start to worry ).

"It's awful to feel so involved with folks I don't know. Just wish I could help not that a National Champion would need it  .... but  I'm so used to being in the middle of things "....  (this from one of my favorite people,  if you want a job well done put her in charge)

"Hope you got to catch up on lost sleep.... (Me ???  ...  I ride these races vicariously  ... I can lay down ..  Alyx has to keep going, stay motivated, alert, contend with tiring muscles and find her way in the dark ... )"

"Mrs. Luck, you deserve a special award" .  (This in a reply from a friend who I told that Alyx's mother Nichole said   "it isn't any easier waiting at the vet checks for Alyx (than it is for those of us waiting for info on Ridecamp). It  was so much easier when she was a junior and had to ride with me!  I hate wondering what's happening out on trail.)

"I feel some sort of special connection to you and your horses and I am
so happy for you. "   (This really makes me feel good ...... :)  )

"Call me when Alyx finishes the ride, my phone number is  ______ "  (I received this message more than once. The ride results weren't posted until well past midnight EDT ... I don't think they "really" wanted me to wake them up to tell them how excited I was and believe me I was excited. ....

This from John Teeter in reply to my earlier post " Would be great if we had Web-Cams at the Vet Checks".

"coming to a vet check near you :) I'm hoping to have one running for steph's
five day in a couple of weeks - test run:)" ...   ( Oh now I am getting excited that could be the answer ..... but wait  .... if we saw how tough the competition was .... then we really  would start worrying. Anytime you place in the Top Ten on these rides you know you've really done something. )

Alyx .. the answer to my stress is ... Don't tell me when you're in a ride call me after the fact ... (just kidding) ..... Congratulations once more .... A job well done.

Bev Scott   Ocala, Fl.