Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:16 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [AERC-Members] loop and hold lengths; philosophy

I think it's ridiculous to punish a rider whose horse dies, but not the rider
whose horse needs treatment.  The difference between treatment and death may
be luck, vet's skill, availability of nearby suitable treatment facility, any
number of factors.  The point is not to PUNISH one but not the other, the
point is to find out why it happened, and what could have been done to prevent it.
 jeri