Re: [RC] [RC] AW: AW: Conditioning Miss Gedebe - Nik Isahak Abdullah

The point is Gemini has beaten the best in the world and still had time to potter around andwait a good 10 minutes or so.This horse will be the horse to beat in the next few years unless another "freak" turn out in the horizon.I wish I have that freak down here in Kuala Lumpur,then I can change my career to a fulltime trainer!

From: "Hilga Hoefkens" <hilga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Dr. Nik Isahak'" <drnikisahak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   AW: AW: Conditioning Miss Gedebe
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:49:15 +0200

Hi Nik,
Gemini sure is a superb horse. I think what the people think of as fluke
was the putting on brakes in clear view of the finish line and all the
spectators assembled there. I can see Rashids point in showing off the
advantage he had over everybody else. He came out of the bushes into
viev, rode up and down, dismounted and walked around, mounted again and
went back a little, and all that for more than 10 minutes with everybody
waiting at the finishline and wondering what he was doing. When mighty
daddy appeared it became clear to everybody what was going on there, and
I think most people counted that as poor sportsmanship. Rather daddys
poor sportsmanship, cause aparently Rashid was ordered to wait.

Gemini looked very good throughout the ride. All horses where handled
differently by UAE grooms. One caught my attention because after vetting
in, hosing down and elyting one person took a bagfull of cut grass and
wandered around the whole time with that horse, feeding the grass from
the hand. I did not look that close and it could have been Provocative
or Gemini that was wandering around during all checks. Looking at my
photos I think Gemini and Provocative look very much alike. Gemini has a
really long neck though.
Have a look:
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto
&albumID=91814008&photoID=91816659&security=CuDblQ
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto
&albumID=91814008&photoID=91817066&security=ChDnjn

BTW, did you get my mail with the links to these Photos? I took care to
make some nice shots of the malaysian riders too.
http://community.webhots.com/user/11pamina

Best regards
Hilga