For Deanna -Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Secrets to Sucess featuring a variety of different rid - KimFue

Sorry I have to post this to the entire list.  Although I subscribe to Ridecamp I do not receive emails and read the archives.  Archives do not list e mail addresses so I was not able to send this privately.

And you're offering to research and write this new feature, right? >ggg<

I wouldn't mind doing the research or writing a feature like this - Does my answer surprise you?

And
what would you have EN discard to get the page space?

Why would EN have to discard something.  Couldn't another page just be added if there was enough interest

I get Clean Run too and I flip right by the personal profile articles and
read the rest of the magazine. (Man, you all think endurance people are
obsessive -- we ain't go nuthin' on these agility competitors.) Personal
preference.

You are absolutely right that personal preference is the the key and so is variety.  One always has the choice to skip a feature.  I never read the RM column in EN....personal preference but that doesn't mean it should be part of the publication :)

I wouldn't mind such a thing in EN as long as enough members
wanted it and it didn't cause anything that's already in EN to be discarded.

Again, why does something have to be discarded IF it adds to the publication.  I like a lot of variety in any type of magazine.  Clean Run would be a drag if it was just "Back Yard Exercises".

Clean Run is a for-profit enterprise. Great magazine, but different than an
organizational membership magazine.

I really do not see any reason why an organizational magazine would not feature a column highlighting the members.  I belong to other organizations which have a feature like this...Dairy Goat Association, Hand crafted soap makers guild...

Unless, of course, you're volunteering to research and write the profiles.

You seem to emphasize the point about me volunteering as you brought it up twice in your post....I really have no problem putting something like this together.  I would never have brought it up if I had.  I think there are other that are far more creative and talented the writing department in the AERC organization but again the bottom line comes to being able to put in the time.

Deanna, you could be my first interview <GG>

Kim

Deanna (Ohio)