Re: [RC] [RC] Secrets to Sucess featuring a variety of different riders - Deanna German

And you're offering to research and write this new feature, right? >ggg< And
what would you have EN discard to get the page space?

I get Clean Run too and I flip right by the personal profile articles and
read the rest of the magazine. (Man, you all think endurance people are
obsessive -- we ain't go nuthin' on these agility competitors.) Personal
preference. I wouldn't mind such a thing in EN as long as enough members
wanted it and it didn't cause anything that's already in EN to be discarded.

Clean Run is a for-profit enterprise. Great magazine, but different than an
organizational membership magazine. Unless, of course, you're volunteering
to research and write the profiles. >ggg<

Deanna (Ohio)

This is a little bit lighter subject then all the metabolic issues.? I think
it would be nice to have a regular column in EN that highlights an AERC
member each month.? Over the course of a year it would be nice to get a
variety of different types/style of riders highlighted each month that would
represent a cross section of our membership not just the high mileage or
high profile riders.? I think it would be interesting to read what ideas the
average endurance rider has on conditioning, picking their horse, views
success in endurance, balances everyday life with conditioning and
competing, etc.?
???? When I subscribed to "Clean Run" a monthly dog agility magazine, there
was a feature like this in every issue.? I found it interesting to learn how
other trainers/handlers prepared their dogs for trialing etc. It was a light
column but over time I gleened a lot of information.

Kim