Re: [RC] Protecting Our Horses, Protecting Our Sport - Merryben

In a message dated 9/28/2003 5:47:27 PM Central Daylight Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:

I think endurance is a godsend and our
problems, though sometimes serious are confined to a minority of the
riders.

Now days arabian breeders actually try to breed the type of horses that enduance people want, as opposed to the old fashioned "show" horse when most of what they wanted was "typey".  The endurance horses we started out with in the 70's were usually really cheap cause they were the culls of the arabian breeders that wouldn't make good show horses.  Now they have gotten smarter and we have to pay more.....mb