[RC] - Stagg_Newman

Judy,

Let me assure you we are not Gods.  Just reasonable riders with good horses
and lots of patience and perserverence.  And admittedly we do love being
with our
horses and the sense of satifaction we get from a challenge well done.

When I started doing 100s I was not even a very good rider.  Just got lots
of good advice from people like Maggie Price, Mathew Mackay Smith and
others.
The key is to keep an easy steady pace.  As Mathew says, "never hurry,
never
tarry".

And do not think of it as 100 miles.  Think of it a combination of shorter
rides
with rest stops in between.  You know you can do 20, how about 2 20s with a
break
in between, now 3 ....

BTW I believe a slow 100 is less stressful on a horse than a fast 50.

So dream dreams of doing a 100, build yourself up so you are doing good
completions in 50ss
(they do NOT have be top 10s) and then someday, go for it!

Stagg

___________
From: JUDYK89@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   100 Milers

I think one of the reasons for the decline of 100 Mile One Day Rides is
that

people are afraid to try them.

Exactly!!  As a newbie, 100 milers are like Gods to me, kind of like an
airline pilot, you want to think they're invincible, that they have
something
very extra special.  I can't even imagine that little old me, or my little
old horse will/can ever aspire to a 100 miles. ...

Judy

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.