Re: [RC] conditioning - Ed and Wendy Hauser

Our horses stay out 24/7 in WI.  They grow lots of hair.  I condition in the winter.  I simply walk the last couple of miles home, and turn them out.  I have never observed any ill effects from turning them out wet.

When competing (on cold rides), we are a bit more careful and blanket.  There are a couple of reasons for this.  First, they usually spend the night tied and thus can not move to warm up.  Second, competitions are longer and harder than training so they are more tired etc.

Ed.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th Street
Hudson, WI 54016