Re: [RC] best turnout blanket for arabians? - Charles

I found talking to the people at www.tackinthebox.com (800/456-8225 or 503/767-3840) got me some wonderful stuff for my wife's horse.  I'd call them and just ask what advice they have.  My wife tells me they've never steered her wrong.

Charles
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 6:51 PM
Subject: [RC] best turnout blanket for arabians?

Does anyone have some good advice on fitting blankets for Arabians? I have two blankets both are the same size 74 one an old Simco that is about three inches too small and a Big D that is too big in the chest but fits his body well. It slides back behind his withers and is making a nasty sore there. I need a medium weight blanket for the Midwest weather in Central Illinois. He is pretty good with blankets but has never worn one for longer than a few days. Thanks for any help on the subject! He is about 14.2 and fairly short backed.