Re: [RC] 100 mile horses - DVeritas

I get my "inspiration" wherever I find it.
DIRTY HARRY once said, "A man's got to know his limitations".....well, I think knowing your horse's limitations (and strengths) is essential in developing hundred mile horses.
    BUT, a HORSE knowing its strengths and limitations can usually only happen (in endurance) out on a trail that requires something of him/her other than just going fast.
    It's odd how many good 100 mile horses are ridden by riders who don't overface their mounts, (but still challenge them to grow) and tolerate the "learning" that most horses have to go through to grow into those good horses.
    Horses need alot of room to grow, and a hundred miles is ALOT of room...
    ...and when successfully done, the growth will fill your eyes and hearts.
         "Hey, Mikey, try it, you'll like it!"
           ---Frank