Re: [RC] 100's - Heidi Smith

>100's are down.
>LD's are up.

That cycle has occurred repeatedly in the past, and is likely to again.

>And I bet the average AERC member's age is going up. Might be a connection.

Not according to the stats that Mike Maul did on rider and member ages.  The average was about the same as what AERC got in a survey about 12 or 15 years ago.

I do agree with Barbara that many people who do multi-days are erstwhile 100-milers, or would have become 100-milers had multi-day riding not been available.  Multi-day and 100's both represent a kind of ultimate challenge for the very dedicated, and compete for the sorts of riders to whom that appeals.  100's used to get all of 'em, because multi-days were few and far between.

Heidi