Re: [RC] 100 mile rides/humbled - Truman Prevatt

Becky,

Right now I am not sure my horse is a good candidate for 100 miles. He's a heck of a good sound 50 mile horse. He can do several days in a row and he can probably go on forever at 50's but in the bottom of my heart I am not sure he would make a good 100 mile horse. In that case it's not fair to push it. When the filly gets to about 8 or 9 (she'll be four soon and her mother did 100's just fine), I'll see what she is made of but till then I'm content to do 50's.

And yes time constraints are always an issue. But in my case when I was doing 100's I was traveling a lot and was spending a lot of time in England but still found time to train and ride. So I think it gets right down to the desire to do it and the horse that can.

Truman