[RC] re fire - Paddi

Wow Scott
Glad to hear you are all okay.
Good points you put out.
Got my chimney swept in the fall and gutters clean.
Since we are talking safety.
Check your smoke detectors. We bought a few more battery operated ones and put them up just last week.  You can never have to many smoke detectors.
Have your extinguishers checked and refilled by a safety company. Once a month tip the powder filled ones and smack it on the bottom. Fire inspector at work told me that one. Makes sure the contents don't compact.
Buy a few more fire extinguishers and put them by the bedrooms. Also keep a flashlight beside the bed.
I have my best photos scanned and on CDS away from home. Also keep negatives to family pictures in the safety deposit box.
Some things you just cannot replace.

Happy Trails
Paddi