[RC] [Guest] Whom do/did you look up to? - Ridecamp Moderator

Skyla gulpyfish@xxxxxxx
Tiffany wrote what many of us probably would like to say. I too ride for the pure pleasure of riding. I think about the who's who of the sport, past and present. Who were/are the "hot shoes", the ones that almost always place very high or win, don't remember much about them. But the people that I DO remember were and still are the ones that "I" look up to. Why? Because "they" cared more about the horses and how to just enjoy being out on the trail. I see more joy from them consistently, especially since placing just isn't that big of a deal for them. My first mentor, and the person that I wanted to be when I "grew up", was Dot Wiggins. Why? This gal rode a wonderful Quarter Horse Stallion and she showed, me through her actions, what was most important. A "happy", healthy horse that was allowed to enjoy just being out on the trail, followed by a happy rider. I found in her what a true horseman (woman) was, and it had absolutely nothing to do with "where" she placed. There were and are others out here that I find the same admirable qualities in. These are the people that "I" remember, these are the people that "I" am proud to know! The honesty and integrity that they show again and again makes them winners. They seperate the horse from the riders ego, they allow the horse not only to have a voice, but to be HEARD. These are the people that "I" want to grow up to be like. They mean something to me and will always live in my memories.

Just my personal input.

(I take one day at a time, unless they all gang up on me at once_