[RC] [Guest] Torsion Saddle - Ridecamp Moderator

From:     Ridecamp Guest <guest-source@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:56:15 GMT
Subject: Torsion Saddle
Sender: guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Barb Horstmeier gypsyrose1@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have two Torsion saddles, standard and endurance models, finding very little difference between them except weight. Both were set for the dressage leg. The standard has english leathers and the endurance is set for western leathers. The western leathers are as heavy as the saddle and are being changed for custom leathers which will be lighter and less bulk. Jeanneane has been very helpful in this change. I have been using the Toklet, high profile, oversize, woolback pad (Neigh Per Say has them at a great price). The saddle has longer flaps so the oversize works well.

Since using the Torsion, none of my horses have had a back problem, this is the best thing. Second best thing is my ankles (very important), knees and back just don't get sore.

The saddle is shorter than the SS and none of the horses have ever had a loin rub. Your leg more freedom than the SS. I have removed the seat on the standard model and put a full seat sheepskin over it; very comfortable and "Look Mom, no half chaps":>)

So for the down side, the saddle is UNforgiving to uneven riding. This is good and bad. You know you are riding crooked, bad; gives you the opportunity to correct yourself, good. If you try to correct yourself by changing the leathers it just won't work. You have to change your riding, good for you and the horse.

Riding history is everything from conditioning rides, LD 25 to 50 miles, never a sore back, horse or rider.

Happy Trails