[RC] WIde Torsion Saddle - susan wright

 I just got my Torsion saddle.  It did look really wide to me when I first got it.  I didn't find that it felt that wide when I rode it on two of my horses .  Still have two more to try it on.

Part of this could be because I learned later that the two rectangular felt pads in the box weren't packing material.  I'd bought the endurance model.  I rode in it then I email Jeannean with questions about the endurance leathers that are a little different and what the felt pads were for.  Well it turns out that those felt pads are suppose to go in the saddle.  There is a velcro opening in the middle of the bottom that you insert these in.  Jeannean said she normally doesn't use them in her saddle but it is recommended by the manufacturer.  I put mine in last night and I'll try them tonight and see how they feel.

The problem with the demo saddle could be these pads or maybe the pads were put in incorrectly by someone else.  I didn't find that they added much weight to the saddle but we will see how it feels to ride with them in.

Monday night I rode it on my two young horses and it felt great to me.  I did notice though that it felt different on each horse.  My rounder QH gelding made the stirrups feel shorter than when I had it on the Quarab that isn't quite as long.  The stirrups felt significanly longer on the  Quarab.

This may be more that you all really wanted to know.  I chose this saddle because I'd read somewhere that it wasn't as long as the BM and 3 of my 4 horses have shorter backs.  I think I'll love it and know that I like it but miles will tell.

Good luck

Susan

Take Care,
SM Wright

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail Extra Storage! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=