Re: [RC] [RC] re: Shape of The Saddle Tree - dixie midnight

Hi Miss Amber!

Thank you for the kind words! I do appreciate it!

CANADA!?!?!? No, no, no, no! That's where PADDI lives! She's sucking up to me hoping I'll invite her and her herd down here TO FLORIDA for the CANADIAN WINTER by posting birthday wishes, eh? We'll see about that, won't we?? (Hint: Don't hold yer breath, but thanks for the b-day wishes)

Tucker makes some pretty good gaited-horse saddles. Synergist can do a pretty good job on that as well. You might wanna talk to them AFTER you get your Equimeasure thingy.

Gaited horses move a LOT differently than non-gaited horses, and their fit circumstances are way different.

Just a thought, (and it's worth EXACTLY what you paid for it) carefully check your treeless with a rider equal to your weight aboard for the clearances throughout the entire back, including the gullet area and the loin area. If you're a heavyweight, or your horse has a prominent backbone, or flaccid muscling along the back, it might be something you want to address--particularly with a treeless. If there's a problem, padding will not help.

Karl
Dixie Midnight
No-Sweat vent pads
http://www.dixiemidnight.nv.switchboard.com
Come see us!

From: "rackinfool" <rackinfool@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:22:59 -0700

Karl, that is about the most informative post I have read. And I have a RMH, and these horses are so hard to fit.

I bought two new saddles for him and he is still getting white hairs on his withers, or what he has for withers.

I just ordered the Torsion treeless. I am so hoping that this will be the last saddle for awhile.

I am telling you, all the Rocky mt. horse owners are going thru hell trying to fit these round, broad, short backed horses with not much wither.

I keep saying whoever designs a saddle for the RMH is going to retire in style:~))

Thank you for such a great post and coming at a very opportune time. There are a lot of others on RC that are looking at the Torsion as well, and I am sure they have read your post with great interest.

Oh, Happy belated Birthday too! Are you in Canada? I am going up there next month to import four horses.

amber

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy patented spam protection and more. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa