[RC] My Biltmore Ride Story - Ed Roley

Haven't been able to ride much this year(Sand Hills 30/30 in March and Million Pines 50 April). Pumped up for Biltmore 30 'cuz my daughters(Ali) goin' to ride(I posted early this year about her wanting to sell her horse!)! Day to day schedule is hectic and riding to get ready has not been easy. Finally able to get farrier to house on Friday morning(day before ride) to shoe horses. My horse hasn't had shoes in 2 years but Biltmore can be rocky and I didn't want to mess with E-boots. Ali likes the Biltmore cuz of cross country jumps available and that is her real passion she doesn't get to do much of(She loves the Pyramid Challenge which is at the Kentucky Horse Park with it's multitude of jumps!). Wanted to get to Biltmore early Friday so she can ride and jump but with the farrier coming it ain't happenin'. Got there, got set up and went and checked in. Just getting ready to walk back to campsite and Anne Ayala asks me  if I would mind going to help a rider who had broken down on the Interstate not far from the site. My mind was saying "No, I want to go play on the horses with my daughter!" but my mouth said yes. My mind also pictured myself sitting on the side of the road with my horse trailer stranded. So, I jump in my '96Toyota T-100(156,000 mile 6 cyl) and go hook up to the 2 horse trailer the 2000 3/4 ton Ford with 45,000miles blew its tranny on(who says size matters?)!. When I return to camp I find out my daughter took her horse to ride(I told her to go ahead before I left) and my horse went bananas and blew through the electric fence! Broke 7 of 8 plastic fence posts I bought the day before for the event. The couple were quite appreciative and it was her first ride and she says she'll do it again! Her husband asked me where he could get a truck like mine when we got to camp(they followed me back to camp with a loaner car from the Ford dealer and he couldn't believe how I kept up with Friday afternoon traffic). I tell this story not to toot my horn about helping them as I know anyone of you would come help me if the roles were reversed. But I tell it so I can chuckle about a broken down big Ford having to have a Toyota to come rescue them :-) So, then my daughter and I go riding and she does some jumping and we have our fun.
More to come(if you can stand it).
Ed Roley & Sawyer(the turbo charged Morgan-Arab cross with the heavy duty towing package)
ps Howard, what is your e-mail address?