From: Paddi
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 11:21 PM
Subject: [RC] West Nile Virus

These are confirmed cases in my area of Alberta that I know of.
A mare with foal at side 2 months old tested positive...not vaccinated
Mare is recovering fine did not develop bad symptoms, just a little wobbly and a few tremors.

An older mare in foal ,vaccinated & boosted. Died of complications.

A mare not vaccinated , I don't know the out come.

A horse (no sex was posted) tested positive not vaccinated. Horse was put down.

Older gelding tested positive , not vaccinated. Put down.

If you can beleive it vets in the area were teling people they did not need to vacinate this year.
Even the government put out a flyer telling people it would not be bad.
 Considering the number of horses that are in the area  it is a low number with WNV

Qick update on Sid. He is doing great. He has put on weight , his wounds are healing and he is bossing arround the other horses when having his outting.
He tires easy but is getting better everyday.
I am going to have the horse chiro out and then a massage. He has sore bulges in his neck where he was supporting his body weight when he went down in the trailer.
After everything we did to him he is even more friendly then before if that was possible. Horses are so amazing
Paddi Sprecher
Canadian Trail House

Canadian Distributor for Dixie Midnight No-Sweat Vent Pads
EasyCare Canada
Biothane Tack, Skito Equalizer Pads
Yacht Braid Horse equipment