[RC] Walking on eggshells..HELP - Eleanor Gray

Hello fellow ridecampers,
Was hoping to get some insight on a problem I am having with my mare.  She is 11, have had her since January, she is QH mix (not sure what).  Started conditioning her all last year and competed in one LD last year, she did great, drank, pee'd, pulsed down very well.

This summer has been very hot in So Cal and between the heat and kids out of school, not much conditioning happened over the summer.  Have had mostly short rides 1-2x/wk, but due to vacation and relatives in town, have not been on her for 2 weeks before this happened.
* Noticed last week that she was walking rather sensitively (not very obvious at this point), checked her hooves, OK.  Didnt call the vet wanted to see if she improved the next day, well "walking on egg shells" is the best way to describe her walking.
*Called the vet, came out- hoof test-negative, felt she had ?laminitis.  Started her on Bute 1gm BID (2xday), and isuxsuprine 15 tablets BID.  In a few days, much much better.
*Checked in with vet 8 days later...looks good, tapered her off the bute, continue the isuxsuprine.  24 hours off the bute, and .....egg shells again.
*Called vet, came out, pulled front shoes, hoof test with some sensitivity (right side frog area, left side hoof wall?).  Xrays (told I could choose from laminitis views to full views to include navicular bone)...well, I am an nurse...better to get them all while you can.
*Xrays show:  mild rotation of coffin bone, trauma to the coffin bone (pedal osteitis), and some minor changes to the navicular bone.
*tomorrow the farrier is coming to put on corrective shoes with pads, etc etc.  Instructed to increase bute to 2gms 2x/day, and isuxsuprine to 20 tabs 2x/day.

Her diet consists of:   1/2 scoop of beet pulp (soaked in water for at least 30 min)
handful of O&M, handful of rolled corn, and sprinkle of Select II,  OH and importantly her hay is Barley (not alph-alpha).

I am assuming, very sadly, that maybe her short lived endurance days are over.  ??Are they??  Anyone have experience with this, comments, suggestions, what should I feed her now? (mixed answers from both vets)

Thanks for your comments.
Eleanor and Jewel