Re: [RC] Isabel - goearth

Maybe  its just the women that have directly affected me, or the girls are mad because the male God sits on the throne.  All the Endurance Gods seem to be women and they have my respect and i think women are the stronger of the species,  that'll offend someone but i don't mean too, but over time its become evident at least to me.  Its starting to sprinkle and the breeze is blowing and the sky is gray and ominous.  Its almost like before a ride with pre-race jitters hoping to get it on and there is a certain excitement.  Whats going to cause the problems here is the ground is so saturated and theres nowhere for it to go and the tide on the beaches are going to be at high tide, if i am correct up to 40' waves.  We'll loose power, we usually do in these things,  the road will be washed out again, there will be flooding and some people will die and horses... i'm more concerned with flying debris with mine and i remember seeing a horse that got carried over the dam and was caught a couple miles downriver alive.  There is no stopping this thing so all anyone can do is stay inside and be safe. ts
-----Original Message-----
From: Rae Callaway <tallcarabians@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: goearth <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, September 18, 2003 7:09 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Isabel

-----Original Message-----
 Why is it Mother Nature? and Hurricanes, which are the biggest force in nature, named after women?

  We were just talking about that yesterday.  Our impression was that we (Gulf Coast Region) usually got the bad girls (Carla, Alicia) while the East Coast always got the boys (Hugo, Andrew, Floyd).  My memory may be a bit faulty, but this is the first time I can remember a bad girl hurricane hitting the East coast.

Rae
Tall C Arabians - Central Region