Re: [RC] Motorhome/Horsetrailer Possible? - MtnRondi

We bought a 22-1/2 ft. Winnebago in 1984 and have hauled our 2 horse trailer all over the place going on 20 years with this motorhome. It has a Chevy 454 engine and because of the miles, it has been rebuilt once. It has towed through creeks, across pastures, been to the Tevis ride a few times (great to have a shower at about the 60 mile point). We have been VERY happy with this arrangement and have never had a problem.... well, that is a lie. I was hauling to a ride (NATRC) once and was going up a narrow mountain road and lost the transmission. But that is the only time it has let me down. I guess you could say I had to "pull for metabolic reasons" on my motorhome. Personally, I think the shorter the motorhome the better. My friend had a 26 ft. motorhome and I tried to back her trailer into a tight spot for her and it didn't handle as easily as my shorter one. I think there is too much of the motorhome hanging behind the rear wheels on the longer ones.

Like I said, it is almost 20 years old and still going strong. It's not real pretty anymore and I wish I had a new one... but it's paid for!

Bonnie
So. Calif.